We love our football whether it’s pee wee, high school, college, or professional. We love to watch it, and youngsters and adults like to play it. Unfortunately, no amount of padding and equipment can prevent injuries from occurring, especially to the shoulder. Here are some common shoulder injuries in football you should be aware of.
Injuries in sports are nearly impossible to avoid, and almost all athletes will experience an injury at some point. Here are tips on how you can help your child prevent sports-related injuries.
Ways to Avoid Sports Injuries
- Stay hydrated: Dehydration affects your muscles and joints. It is crucial that water is part of your sports training routine.
- Eat a well-balanced diet: Remember to eat a balanced diet, so your body has the energy and nutrients you need.
- Wear your gear: One of the best ways to prevent injury is to wear your recommended gear including shoes, helmets, pads, etc.
- Know your body’s limits: Build up your exercise level through strength and conditioning. Remember your body’s limits and do not push them!
- Warm up and cool down: Be sure to follow an appropriate warm-up and cool-down routine, such as flexibility exercises.
- Learn to do your sport right: Having proper form in your sport is very important to reduce the risk of injury.